Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These will cool you off on a hot summers day. Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens magazine. Cook time is freeze time. Feel free to try this with other frozen berries and different juices!
- Stir the orange juice and yogurt together.
- Process the strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Stir into the juice mixture. Spoon mixture evenly into 12(3 oz.) plastic pop molds; insert plastic pop sticks, freeze 8 hours.
- If you desire, you could place 12(3 oz.) paper cups in a muffin pan. Spoon mixture evenly into cups. Freeze 30 minutes; insert a stick in the center of each. Freeze 8 hours. Peel off cups.
- To make look like watermelon wedges:.
- Hollow out lime halves, leaving riinds intact. Spoon pop mixture into lime rinds. Sprinkle with semisweet chocolate mini morsels(to look like seeds), and freeze 8 hours. Cut frozen lime halves in half with a bread knife to make wedges.
Delicious! I made 15 pops in paper cups -- and the hint of using a muffin tin is wonderful! I made a few minor changes to the recipe however, instead of vanilla yogurt (didn't have any on hand) I used plain/low-fat yogurt with a splash of vanilla and a spoonful of sugar added. I also used fresh strawberries which I pureed in the blender as indicated but then added the juice/yogurt to the blender and blended all together before pouring the mixture into the paper cups. Thanks for sharing this super easy recipe!