Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, fast, yummy, healthy muffins! Great by themselves or topped with an orange glaze or jam MMM!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups halved strawberries
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 400
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a blender and process just until mixture is blended.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife.
- Combine flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture stirring just until mixture is moist.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle batter evenly with 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove muffins from pan immediately and serve with jam if desired.
- ** NOTE: set timer for 15 minutes because muffins tend to cook fast.
Very nice! I used frozen strawberries that i thawed in the microwave then drained. I also added 1/2 a chopped banana to the batter. I made my muffins a little bigger, getting 9. I also only used 1 cup sugar in the whole recipe and I melted 2 1/2 tbsps light 'I cant believe its not butter' spread for the 3 tbsps butter. I will maek these again!
These were very good. Mine came out a bit wet, but I think it was from using frozen strawberries. I will probably drain them in the future. Absolutely loved the flavor.
These muffins were quite good! I liked the combination of strawberry and orange flavor and the light moist texture of the muffins. I will be making these again!