Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Wonderful muffins! The recipe is from a junior league cookbook.
Top Review by Chef ladyinblue3
Love this recipe. I originally got this recipe from my Williams-Sonoma cookbook. I have been making them for at least 5 years. They are my favorite muffin. I usually up the zest and the strawberries a little and omit the jam from the middle. Orange honey butter puts them over the top!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease muffin tins or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar, milk, sour cream, oil, egg and orange zest together until well mixed; stir in the strawberries. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place a spoonful of batter in each prepared tin or paper liner. Top each with a scant teaspoon of jam. Spoon the remaining batter over the jam, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes then remove to a rack to cool completely.