Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Now this is a great way to start off any day.
- 1 pint strawberry (or 2 cups frozen)
- 1 cup dannon plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons sugar (to taste) or 1 teaspoon sugar substitute (to taste)
- 5 ice cubes
- Combine yogurt, strawberries, orange juice, mint, sugar and ice in blender.
- Pulse until well blended and ice is crushed.
- Serve in tall glass.
We enjoyed this very much. I thought it needed a little something, so I added about 1/2 tsp. of Crystal Light Lemonade crystals. That made it a bit more tangy and was delicious. Thanks for posting the recipe.
I drink smoothies pretty much every morning. I did use fresh strawberries, since I had some on hand,and ice cubes. I left out the mint and sugar. Thank you Shirl!
YUMMY! This has been my afternoon snack every day for a few weeks now. Frozen strawberries are a must. I always leave out the sugar and sometimes leave out the mint. The ice isn't necssary if using frozen strawberries. I've tried many variations, too. Flavored yogurts work well as do substituting some of the frozen strawberries for frozen mango or peach chunks.