Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this recipe in an add for Kraft foods. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds very yummy. (Cooking time is actually chilling time).
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 3 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- 2 3⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed,divided
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- Refrigerate 1 1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Reserve a few oranges for garnish.
- Genly stir remaining oranges into thickened gelatin.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in separate medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Gently stir in 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Spoon into large serving bowl; cover with gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and reserved mandarin oranges.