Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Strawberries, avocados and mandarin oranges come together beautifully with fresh baby greens and a tangy citrus dressing in this lovely salad! Perfect for spring or summer time entertaining. The light and tangy flavors pair perfectly with meat and poultry, especially those that are grilled and barbecued. The dressing is great over spinach salad, as well. Add chopped pecans for a little crunch, if you like. Slightly adapted from a recipe found at Wives with Knives.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 -8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (or fresh!)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium firm ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Combine dressing ingredients. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Combine greens and fruits, toss with dressing and serve.
- Top with chopped pecans, if desired.