Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Romaine salad greens tossed with chicken, strawberries, orange, almonds and poppyseed dressing.
Make and share this Strawberry, Orange & Almond Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 283.49 g romaine lettuce (8 cups)
- 170.09 g cooked chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
- 425.24 g can mandarin orange segments, drained or 2 medium oranges, peeled and segmented
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- 118.29 ml creamy poppy seed dressing
- Toss romaine in large bowl with chicken, orange, strawberries, and onion.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and drizzle with poppyseed dressing.
- Variation: For a beautiful presentation, layer the ingredients in a clear glass bowl.
Ohyeah, the almonds totallyy make this! I liked this salad alot...and the poppyseed dressing, but I think a lighter, fruitier dressing would work as well.
Tastes like Summer! I got fresh strawberries at the Farmer's Market and used a lower fat dressing called Island Grove "Florida Orange Poppy" which was perfect. Don't skip toasting the almonds...they are delicious!