Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Romaine salad greens tossed with chicken, strawberries, orange, almonds and poppyseed dressing.
Make and share this Strawberry, Orange & Almond Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces romaine lettuce (8 cups)
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained or 2 medium oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup creamy poppy seed dressing
- Toss romaine in large bowl with chicken, orange, strawberries, and onion.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and drizzle with poppyseed dressing.
- Variation: For a beautiful presentation, layer the ingredients in a clear glass bowl.
Ohyeah, the almonds totallyy make this! I liked this salad alot...and the poppyseed dressing, but I think a lighter, fruitier dressing would work as well.
Tastes like Summer! I got fresh strawberries at the Farmer's Market and used a lower fat dressing called Island Grove "Florida Orange Poppy" which was perfect. Don't skip toasting the almonds...they are delicious!