Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From America's Test Kitchen. Careful- they pack quite a punch!
Make and share this Strawberry or Raspberry Margarita recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup strawberries or 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup agave tequila
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1 cup Chambord raspberry liquor (or raspberry liquer)
- Puree berries in food processor, add juice, sugar and salt.
- Strain into pitcher.
- Add tequila, triple sec, chambord, and 1 cup crushed ice.
- Stir or shake thoroughly, 20 to 60 seconds.
- Divide 1 cup ice into slated glasses, pour mix over.
- Serve immediately.
This is a great margarita but a bit strong. I added some sweet and sour (or some margarita mix would work) and it was perfect. Yum!
When I saw a cup of Chambord as an ingredient, I stopped. Chambord is way too expensive to be mixing in with all those other ingredients. Sorry.
It's April and my holiday cheer is still gleaming like a silver tree.