Recipe by Ceezie
There's plenty of sweet berry flavor in this refreshing dessert. Made with sugar-free gelatin and a graham cracker crust, the summery pie is easy to fix and attractive enough to serve to guests. You can substitute fresh peaches and peach gelatin. Recipe Source: TOH
Top Review by Joanna713
This pie is easy to make and delicious. You cannot tell that sugar free Jello is used. I made it with strawberries and it set up very nicely in a few hours. I did use 4TB of sugar instead of 3TB because the berries I had were not real sweet, and i crushed about 1/2 cup of strawberries and added them to the cornstarch/water mixture during the last minute of boiling. These were the only changes I made and will make this pie again. TIP: I did put 2 ice cubes in the water (include ice as part of the 1.5 cup of water, NOT in addition to.) to make sure water was cold enough to quickly dissolve the cornstarch. THANKS CEEZIE--GREAT RECIPE!!
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside four whole berries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Stir in sliced strawberries. Pour into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut reserved strawberries in half. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and a berry half.