Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic dieter's delight! There are three great reasons for this shake to be in your diet: 1. It's a great 'start-the-day' shake to get you going. 2. If you go over-board on one meal, this is filling enough to have for your next to balance out your calorie/fat intake. and 3... It's low enough in calories that it's a great in-between snack. NOTE: By our calculations, there is 219 calories to each Strawberry shake and 196 calories in each chocolate shake. All Lite-Bleu recipes are one's that we designed for our weight loss diet. Please visit our homepage for more info.
- 12 frozen strawberries (use 12 ice cubes for chocolate shake)
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free fat free instant banana cream pudding mix (use chocolate flavor for chocolate shake)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (for Strawberry shake only)
- 1⁄4 cup lite Cool Whip
- 1 banana
- To a blender add strawberries (or ice cubes) and milk. Blend until ice is crushed thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 1 minute until smooth. Serve.
YUMMY! Not sure if cool-whip is available here as I don't generally buy such things. I made a strawberry banana shake and used 1/4 cup of creamy Greek yoghurt instead of the cool-whip. Enjoyed half for my on-the-run (= in the car from a Tupperware container) breakfast, and the other half for lunch. I'm looking forward to trying this with other berries. Loved the vanilla in this. My only addition was a handful of sunflower seeds. I often throw them into shakes and smoothies. Love that bit of crunchiness. Thanks for sharing this recipe, 2 Bleu. Made for PRMR.
3 a.m. and I'm hungry, but hey, I remembered your shake -yum!- and I'm not on a diet. Plan on trying the chocolate one too. Made for the Photo Tag Game.