Recipe by GratefulMe
I wanted a syrup that had chunks of berries. This works great, and can be made with fresh or frozen berries.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
This turned out very good and easy. I cut in half and used arrowroot powder. I used frozen strawberries (with a few blackberries) and smashed them pretty small. Didn't have maple syrup, but it was still good.
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup cold water (divided)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring berries, 1/2 cup water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir cornstarch into remaining 1/2 cup cold water then stir into berry mixture.
- Simmer for 2-4 minutes until syrup thickens.
- Stir in maple syrup. Cool.
- This freezes very well. Good with other types of berries, too.