Recipe by Lainey39
Another delicious dessert from Paula Deen.
Top Review by mizjmassie
This was pretty darn good. I don't think you can really go wrong with strawberies with cream cheese. This recipe gives me ideas for trying lemon, sweet potato since I saw their is an ooey gooey pumpkin. I mean there seams like a lot of possibilities. Oh yeah, Germain chocolate and maybe even coconut and maybe even pineapple too..um, I can't wait to start experiementing to see what works.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package strawberry cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- sweetened whipped cream, garnish
- strawberry, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually beat in confectioners¹ sugar until combined.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Spoon mixture over cake mixture; bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is set.
- Cool completely; cut into squares to serve.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and strawberries, if desired.