Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another delicious dessert from Paula Deen.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package strawberry cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- sweetened whipped cream, garnish
- strawberry, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually beat in confectioners¹ sugar until combined.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Spoon mixture over cake mixture; bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is set.
- Cool completely; cut into squares to serve.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and strawberries, if desired.
This was pretty darn good. I don't think you can really go wrong with strawberies with cream cheese. This recipe gives me ideas for trying lemon, sweet potato since I saw their is an ooey gooey pumpkin. I mean there seams like a lot of possibilities. Oh yeah, Germain chocolate and maybe even coconut and maybe even pineapple too..um, I can't wait to start experiementing to see what works.
The strawberries actually aren't looking too bad up here in NH, so I bought some on sale to make this and bring for dessert at my sisters camp up in the mountains in Jackman Me for the weekend. We had lots of hungry horrors after being out on the skidoo trails all day, so this was a very welcome sight upon returning from our first run. It was absolutely delicious! I served it with homemade whipped cream that I made right before serving and it really topped it off nicely. I will be making this often, as it really does the trick when your looking for a sweet fix. Everyone loved it and ate it till there was just crumbs left! Thank you for sharing it with us Lainey!!! Made for Gimme 5 Recipe Tag Game 2/09. Linda
this was good, really rich. i have to agree w/ another reviewer that i like the pumpkin better.