Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The amounts listed will give you 3-4 larger salads or six smaller salads. Add some seedless grape halves or fresh orange slices also if desired.
Top Review by MJMommy13
I have been looking for a creamy poppy seed dressing recipe for a long time. My aunt used to make a salad just like this with spinach instead of romaine. This sounds exactly like it. Most of the dressings out there are vinagrette style. This is what I remember. Thanks for posting it!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 head red leaf lettuce (rinsed and torn)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients until well blended.
- Divide the red lettuce between 4-6 plates or bowls.
- Divide the strawberry slices over lettuce then garnish with onion slices.
- Pour the dressing over salads just before serving.