Recipe by LAURIE
PaulaG and I were partners in a cookbook exchange. This recipe is from the cookbook she sent me, Seasoned With Sun from El Paso TX. It is a yummy alternative to cheese and veggie filled omelets and is great with a nice slice of grilled ham. Thanx Paula!
Top Review by yogiclarebear
I love eggs and sweets and this was no exception! I used egg substitute and just did a scramble with the sour cream/strawberries on top. I skipped the butter, cream, and sugar (Splenda) to make it a little healthier for myself. Thankyou for the idea!
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced, but you could use frozen
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cream and salt to eggs and beat with a fork 30 seconds.
- Heat butter in medium to large sized skillet until it sizzles.
- Pour in eggs, stir once or twice with fork.
- Lift edges as eggs begin to cook and let liquid part run underneath, shaking pan back and forth to keep omelet moving free.
- When cooked but still soft on top, put 1/8 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup berries along the left side of the pan.
- (Im telling this as a right hander, if you are left handed I guess you would do the opposite.).
- Slide/pour omelet onto serving plate off the left side of the pan.
- As carefully place the portion of the omelet with the berries on it on the plate, fold the right side of the omelet over the top of the berry side, (you should not need any utensil to do this with as the side of the pan works great to help flip).
- Pour remaining sour cream and berries on top.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- Place under hot broiler for about 10-20 seconds.
- Serve immediately.