Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from a recipe in Healthy Living magazine.
Make and share this Strawberry Oatmeal Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups Hood Calorie Countdown fat free dairy beverage or 2 cups skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown Sugar Twin
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Place oatmeal, milk, egg and brown sugar blend together in a bowl and stir until blended. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Gently stir in flours and baking powder.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Heat lightly oiled griddle and drop pancake batter by 1/2 cup per pancake.
- When bubbles form all over the pancake, flip the pancake and brown other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with butter and sugar-free syrup or no sugar added strawberry preserves, if desired.
I tried this recipe for the first time this morning, and I absolutely love it! I'm an incorrigible tweaker, so I added a teaspoon or so of cinnamon (could have added more, to be honest), and a teaspoon or so of extra sugar. I also did what the last reviewer suggested, which was to add a bit extra milk, as the batter is very thick. Even so, I had to cook them on very low heat so they would cook all the way through. But these are just picky points. This is a great recipe that I'm sure I'll use again and again.
Fabulous!! Some of the best pancakes I've ever had, and healthy, too. Followed the recipe exactly, except that I found the batter to be very thick, so I added about 2 tablespoons skim milk. These would also be great with blueberries, bananas, or pecans -- the possibilies are endless!