Recipe by josamky1063
It beats buying those other bars that we don't know what's in them.
Top Review by Chris' cuisine
This is one of my favorite treats! I've been making it for a long time and just never reviewed it. It helps to warm jam in microwave for a few second to make it easier to spread. These don't last any time at my house! Thanks!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together but the jam.
- Measure out 2 cups of this mixture. Leave the rest in the bowl and set aside.
- Take the 2 cups of the mixture and press it into the bottom of an 8 inches square pan, coated with cooking spray. Using a large spoon, distribute jam on top of the mixture in the pan. Spread it evenly all over. (I used the squeeze-bottle spread for this and it made this part of the process a lot quicker).
- Take the remaining mixture and spread it over the jam. Press down lightly.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting into bars.