Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked oat bran
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup diced strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 24 miniature muffin cs.
- with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, apple juice concentrate, applesauce and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until dry ingredients are almost moistened.
- Fold strawberries and pecans into batter just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cs.
- Bake 17 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned and tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes; remove to racks.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
I found these to be chewey and a little bit bland. I had enough batter to fill 48 mini muffin cups instead of just 24, so I'm guessing there must be another size of "mini muffin." Perhaps I should have modified the temperature as well as the time. (My muffins were done in 15 min.) I also think it would have been better with apples and cinnamon in place of the strawberries.