Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this recipe at Taste of Home.
Make and share this Strawberry Nut Pinwheel Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well/.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14 x 10-in rectangle.
- Spread jam to within 1/2 inches of edges. Sprinkle nuts over the jam.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a side.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
These are great! They taste like the ubiquitous thumbprint cookies you always see at the holidays, but I think they're easier to make and much prettier! They're also a lot easier to make than pinwheel cookie recipes that require making two kinda of dough. My spirals looked a little loose on the sheet before baking, but the cookies puffed up and filled in nicely. Thanks for posting!