Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
If you like cake and you like strawberries, then you will LOVE this cake. YUM!
Top Review by ChewieJacuBeau
I tried your cake for Recipe #308627 and it was amazing, so I wanted to try this too. It is excellent as well!! I used Strawberry Glaze Icing for the top and layer inbetween the 2 cakes. We loved it!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 2 9" cake pans.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients alternately to shortening mixture with buttermilk.
- Stir in nuts and strawberries.
- Bake at 350, for about 30 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.