Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
You can make this recipe any time of the year because it uses frozen strawberries. This is from the Country Inn and Bed and Breakfast Cookbook.
- 20 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed, reserve liquid (if mixture looks dry, add some liquid)
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar (can mix brown and white)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Combine and stir the strawberries, eggs and oil.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to blend. (If the mixture is too dry, Add some of the reserved liquid).
- Stir in the nuts and raisins.
- Pour into a large, greased and floured tube pan. Bake in a 350F oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack. Cut the bread when it is cool-the following day is fine.
Love this recipe. So simple and delicious. Used the rest of last years berries I had in the freezer and 3/4 cup each of white and brown sugars. Did not have raisins but did have walnuts. Yummy!
Quick, not horribly unhealthy, and non-dairy! A wonderful dessert. I skimped on sugar as I tend to (about 1 3/4 cups) and used a 12x9 disposable foil pan. Perfection in an hour!
This was great as a dessert or a breakfast. It was fast & easy to prepare. I used 4 large eggs & it turned out well. It makes alot of batter, I cooked it in a bunt cake pan. We will definately have this again.