Recipe by Mysterygirl
Not exactly Mexican, but a great cross between strawberry shortcake and nachos.
Top Review by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
Had this for company and it was GOOOOOOOD!! I went all the way and used the full fat topping and sour cream. What a treat. Careful though--they go very fast and even doubled, five of us sailed through them. Thanks for a great summer recipe.
- 3 cups sliced ripe strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto (almond flavored liqueur)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 flour tortillas, cut into 8 wedges (7-inch)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons shaved semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar, and amaretto in a bowl; stir well.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving juice for another use.
- Combine sour cream, whipped topping, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl; stir well.
- Cover and chill.
- Arrange tortilla wedges on 2 baking sheets; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool on wire rack.
- To serve, arrange 8 tortilla wedges on a serving plate; top with about 1/3 cup strawberry mixture and 2 1/2 tablespoons sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with almonds and chocolate.