Strawberry Muffins With Vanilla Lemon Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin and line with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda and powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, use a mixer to whip the butter for 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy. Add the sugar and cream for another 2 minutes.
- With mixer on low, add the eggs one at a time, and then the lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, yogurt, and vanilla. With mixer on low slowly pour in the liquid, and then gradually add the flour, mixing just until combined.
- Finally, use a spoon to fold in the sliced strawberries. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Cool for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Once the muffins have cooled, top with glaze. Garnish with slices of strawberries and dust with powdered sugar before serving.