Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are absolutely heaven! good for brunch or a snack
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- zest from 2 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin and line with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda and powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, use a mixer to whip the butter for 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy. Add the sugar and cream for another 2 minutes.
- With mixer on low, add the eggs one at a time, and then the lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, yogurt, and vanilla. With mixer on low slowly pour in the liquid, and then gradually add the flour, mixing just until combined.
- Finally, use a spoon to fold in the sliced strawberries. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Cool for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Once the muffins have cooled, top with glaze. Garnish with slices of strawberries and dust with powdered sugar before serving.