Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A strawberry shortcake type dessert that is really yummy.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pints strawberries, stemmed and halved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin cups.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In mixer bowl cream butter.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar, scraping bowl as needed, until mixture is fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in dry ingredients and milk alternately, to blend thoroughly.
- Blend in corn meal.
- Spoon batter into prepared cups.
- Bake in 350-degree oven about 30 minutes until springy to the touch and pick inserted into center comes out clean; cool 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream and sugar to form soft peaks.
- Serve muffins topped with cream and strawberries.
- Makes 12 medium desserts.