Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, Thawed
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin tins.
- Begin by mixing together your dry ingredients (Flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda.) Gently stir in soymilk, oil, and vanilla but be careful not to over-mix. A few lumps are okay. Fold in your thawed strawberries and pour batter into muffin tins, ¾ of the way to the top. Slide you filled tins into the oven and cook for 15 – 20 minutes, depending on your oven. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick; When they’re ready to come out, the toothpick will remain dry.
- Fresh out of the oven, they are still young and impressionable, so don’t try to remove them immediately or you will end up with smushed, dented muffins! Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes inside their cooking vessel.