1/2 Photos of Strawberry Muffins
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe came from a cookbook at school, when I made these muffins I had to hide them from my classmates so that I would have some left to take home! The transformation that the strawberries go through when combined with sugar was really cool. Best results after an hour of waiting on the first step, but if you're short on time you can start cooking after about 20-30 minutes. Leaving the strawberries to soak in the sugar over night will work fine if you want to have these for breakfast in the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl, and set aside for 1 hour. (If chopping fresh strawberries, I find that most of a 16 oz. package will make 1 1/2 cups).
- 2While you wait, go ahead and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and prep the muffin pans with baking cups, or with grease.
- 3Strain to separate the liquid and the strawberries, keep both parts.
- 4Combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; Set aside.
- 5Mix the eggs, butter, vanilla extract and remaining 1/4 cup sugar and liquid from strawberries in a medium bowl.
- 6Add flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix, it will be lumpy just make sure there are no more white patches.
- 7Fold in reserved strawberries gently.
- 8Spoon/scoop into 12 prepared muffin pans, fill about 3/4th of the way. Bake for 20 minutes, will be done when golden-brownish. Best enjoyed warm. :).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (751 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 147.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g