1/1 Photo of Strawberry Muffins
You will need strawberry extract for these. I used 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar we like a sweeter muffin, but you can reduce the sugar if desired, these are very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sifted flour (sifted before mixing with the other dry ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 lb fresh strawberries (washed and sliced in half lengthwise then thinly sliced)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 large egg, slight beaten
- 3 teaspoons strawberry extract
- 1/4 cup melted Crisco shortening
- 1Set oven to 400°F (second-lowest rack).
- 2Line 12 regular-size muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3In a large bowl mix together sifted flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until well combined.
- 4Add in the sliced strawberries to the flour mixture and mix to combine with a wooden spoon.
- 5In another small bowl whisk together the half and half, egg, strawberry extract and melted shortening (the melted shortening added to the cold cream will seem like it is curdled, don't worry this will make a light textured muffin, just mix well with the cream).
- 6Add the cream mixture to the dry mixture; mix JUST until moistened (do not overmix!).
- 7Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly between 12 muffin tins.
- 8Bake for about 17 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 202.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g