Recipe by Art's Protege
Adapted from Woman's World magazine. They sprinkled unbaked muffins with additional granulated sugar and frosted cooled muffins with canned vanilla frosting.
Top Review by twinb1234
I used 2 cups of strawberries and smashed them with a pastry blender. I was short 1/2 cup of all purpose flour so I substituted bread flour and it was fine. I also used the tip someone else suggested by adding sugar to the strawberries so I added one tablespoon to them and let them sit for 15 minutes. I baked them for 18 minutes and they were very moist and tasted wonderful right out of the oven and still warm.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry, trimmed and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat muffin cups or tray with nonstick spray.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add in sour cream, eggs and dry ingredients until just combined. Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool on rack.