Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Woman's World magazine. They sprinkled unbaked muffins with additional granulated sugar and frosted cooled muffins with canned vanilla frosting.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry, trimmed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat muffin cups or tray with nonstick spray.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add in sour cream, eggs and dry ingredients until just combined. Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool on rack.
I made this recipe using another recipes amount for the sugar. The instructions did not go far enough. It made sense to put the strawberries in at the end, just before putting in pan. They were delicious and will become a staple in my recipe files.
I had some sour cream and strawberries I had to use and this recipe came up. I started making it before I realized that in the ingredients list there is no amount listed for sugar, I used 1/2 cup. In the instructions it doesn't say when to add the strawberries, I added them to the wet ingredients. I didn't use the cinnamon but I think it could use some vanilla. I got 12 muffins out of the batter. Baked for 20 minutes. I didn't find they had much flavor but maybe that's the way their supposed to taste. Very bland. I am giving this 3 stars because of incomplete ingredients and directions. I don't know how the other reviewer made hers and how much sugar she used,or when she added the strawberries, she didn't say. I tried to contact the Chef but she isn't accepting private messages. —
These are wonderful! I made these using plain fat-free yoghurt as a substitute for the sour cream and they turned out really nice. Thanks for sharing a keeper!