Recipe by sewcraftymom
I like this recipe for teacher gifts, church socials and just plain munching on! I can never make enough!
Top Review by SaraFish
Delicious! A sweet, moist, fruity muffin. Yummy while hot right out of the oven! I also increased the strawberries to 2 cups. I used only 1/2 cup (one stick) of melted margarine, not butter. I decreased the baking powder to 2 teaspoons rather than 2 tablespoons - I thought that may actually be an error in the recipe (the usual ratio is 1 teaspoon baking powder to each 1 cup flour). I ended up with 15 muffins. Posting a picture as well. Thanks so much for a delicious baked goods recipe to use my fresh berries!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2-1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup of the sugar in medium bowl.
- Toss in strawberries, set aside.
- Beat together eggs, butter, milk and vanilla in small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins lined with paper.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle of muffin comes out clean.