Recipe by White Rose Child
Take advantage of summer's bounty! All these lovely berries... mmm... it's filled with fruitiness and great served warm as an extra option.
Top Review by Sarah_Jayne
This was a tasty and healthy way to start the day. I used skim milk and a dash of extract. I skipped the syrup and just sprinkled a tiny bit of brown sugar substitute into the milk. Otherwise, the fruit made it sweet enough. Next time I will try it warm as I am sure that will work well with the strawberries.
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1⁄2 med-large ripe banana
- 1⁄2 small apple (I use Granny Smith)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional) or 1 teaspoon agave syrup (optional) or 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, mix the oats and soymilk, cover and refrigerate overnight.(Note-use a mixture of regular and more finely-ground, about 2:1, for the creamiest consistency)
- In the morning, prepare the fruit: shred the apple; quarter the banana lenghtwise and then slice it. Cut the strawberries in quarters or eighths, depending on their size-I use about 6 large berries; feel free to use more or less to your taste.
- Stir everything together, drizzle on the sweetener if desired, and enjoy!
- To serve warm, simply microwave for about 1 minute before adding the strawberries. Then stir 'em in and devour your tasty oatmeal/muesli!