Recipe by KennKonn
Creamy low-fat whipped topping mix makes an easy dessert super low in fat and extra rich in flavor. This is out of the Feb 6/07 Woman's World Magazine. I am posting it here so I don't lose it when the magazine gets recycled.
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) package whipped dessert topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- low sugar strawberry spread (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- At medium high speed, beat contents of both envelopes from packing of whipped topping mix with milk until firm peaks are formed, about three minutes.
- In another bowl, with fork mash strawberries with sugar and lemon juice until a chunky sauce is formed.
- Add mixture to whipped topping and beat until well combined, one minute.
- If desired, layer with strawberry preserves in 1 cup glasses.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and strawberries if desired.