Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Rich and creamy with a fudgey brownie base, this desert also makes an elegant presentation. Garnishing the top of the torte with chocolate dipped strawberries, chocolate leaves and mint sprigs will visually put it over the top! Cooking time is mostly cooling & chilling time.
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom only of 10-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, chocolate chips, 1/2 cup water, the oil and the egg.
- Beat 50 strokes until combined,then spread in greased pan& bake 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely at least 1 1/2 hours.
- For the mousse layer, place the remaining 2 tbsp water in medium saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the water, letting stand 1 minute to soften.
- In food processor or blender process strawberries until smooth.
- Add the strawberries to the softened gelatin mixture and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 1/2 hours until completely cooled and slightly thickened.
- In large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form (be sure the cream is beaten stiff as is will soften slightly when folded with the strawberry mixture).
- Fold in strawberry mixture, being careful not to overmix and deflate the whipped cream.
- Spoon over cooled brownie base and refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Just before serving garnish with whipped cream.
This is excellent!! My dinner guests were very impressed and it was very easy to make. The mousse could also be made on its own as it is divine.