Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Strawberry season is right around the corner. Try this delicate, heavenly dessert from Everybody Eats Well in Belgium. Raspberries can also be substituted for strawberries.
- 1 lb ripe strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon kirsch or 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- Place half the strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with the granulated sugar and kirsch.
- Let macerate for 15 minutes.
- Puree the remaining strawberries together with the confectioners' sugar in a blender.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Reserve a quarter of the whipped cream for garnish and refrigerate.
- Carefully fold the remaining cream into the pureed strawberries.
- Arrange the macerated strawberries in 4 balloon-shaped wine glasses, reserving a few strawberry slices for garnish.
- Fill the glasses with the strawberry cream, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Pipe the reserved whipped cream through a pastry bag fitted with a star tip over the mousse and decorate with the remaining sliced strawberries.
- Variation: Substitute an equal amount of raspberries for the strawberries.
Fast, Easy, Beautiful. Everything a desert should be.
Absolutely heavenly! This is a dessert I would KILL for! The marinated fresh berries along with the silken sweet strawberry mousse are a match made in heaven! The hardest part is the wait to eat it! Fantastic for company or a special treat for your family...either way this is a treat not to be missed! Thanks Bev for a recipe that makes me look so good without hardly trying!
wonderful, quick and easy to make!