Recipe by Sara 76
This is a really yummy dessert, perfect for summer. I found it online, a couple of years ago, and filed it away as one of my favourites.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a lovely mousse Sara. This was quick and easy to make, it set really quickly. The mousse had wonderful flavor, just the right amount of strawberries, sugar & cream. It was light, creamy, smooth and silky. I garnished this with whipped cream, strawberries, vanilla sugar and shaved chocolate. This is a treat that I will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing.
- 500 g strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- extra strawberry, for decorating
- grated chocolate, for decorating
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatine over water, and heat gently until dissolved. Set aside to cool, but not set.
- Place strawberries and sugar in blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add gelatine mixture and blend for 1 minute.
- Beat the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold into strawberry mixture.
- Pour into serving dishes and decorate with strawberries and grated chocolate.