Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Very easy & very good. A nice cool fruit salad that is very satisfying, especially during those hot summer days.
- Dissolve the gelatin the boiling water.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the sour cream.
- Pour half of the mixture in a salad mold; let chill until firm.
- Cover with a layer of sour cream, then top with the remaining half of the mixture. Refrigerate until firm.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry and pineapple.
This is really good. I made it for Easter dinner. I'm trying to lose weight, so I lightened it up a bit by using two large containers of fresh strawberries, sliced, mixed with two packs of Splenda. Then I added the sliced bananas. I used 2 C of boiling water with Sugar-Free gelatin and mixed only about 1/4 C of chopped pecans in with 1 C of Light Sour cream. I left out the pineapple completely. It was lucious. I'm eating some right now. Yum. This is good for a salad or a dessert.
Excellent! The jello firmed up nicely and looked great topped this the sour cream frosting. I've never had a jello salad with sour cream on it before that I know of but this was very good. Thanks for a great recipe.