Recipe by **Mandy**
I saw this recipe in a supermarket flyer & just had to make it straight away, so simple & divine for lovers of coconut & strawberries. Recipe is as written but you could leave out the sugar, I did.
- 750 g strawberries, hulled & sliced
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 60 ml Malibu rum or 60 ml coconut liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 300 ml double heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup thick vanilla custard
- 6 large macaroons (recipe calls for pavlova nests but zaar doesn't recognise it) or 6 large meringues, crushed (recipe calls for pavlova nests but zaar doesn't recognise it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine strawberries, sugar & malibu & stir gently to coat, set aside for approx 30 minutes.
- Combine cream, vanilla extract, custard & pavlova nests in a bowl.
- Divide one third of the srawberries in syrup among 6 dessert glasses, top with cream mixture and repeat layers.
- Garnish with toasted coconut to serve.