Recipe by GinnyP
Use leftover cake or cookies in this. This is good! (For gluten-free, use gluten-free cake or cookie crumbs.)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cake or 1 cup cookie crumbs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place strawberries in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Sift confectioner's sugar over strawberries.
- Heat milk and beat in the 2 egg yolks.
- Mix well, then add cake or cookie crumbs.
- Spread over strawberries.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 275 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in the 4 tablespoons sugar.
- Pile meringue on pudding and return to oven for about 15 minutes.