I just love butter cream and I am from the strawberry capitol (Ponchatoula, Louisiana) so why not combine the two! This is a Martha Stewart recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the heatproof bowl on an electric mixer set over a pan of simmering water, combine egg whtes and sugar.
- 2Cook, whisking constantly, until sugar has dissolved and mixture reaches 160.
- 3Attach bowl to mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat on high speed until mixture holds stiff (but not dry) peaks. Beat until fluffy and cooled, 6 minute.
- 4Switch to the paddle attachment and on medium-low speed, add butter several Tbs at a time, beating well after each addition. (If frosting appears to separate after all the butter has beed added, beat on medium-high speed until smooth, 3-5 minute more).
- 5Beat in vanilla. Beat on lowest speed to eliminate any air bubbles, about 2 minute.
- 6Stir in jam with a rubber spatula until frosting is smooth again, 3-5 min more.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Meringue Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (1386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1064.8
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 34.9 g
- Cholesterol 146.4 mg
- Sodium 94.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 114.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g