Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just love butter cream and I am from the strawberry capitol (Ponchatoula, Louisiana) so why not combine the two! This is a Martha Stewart recipe.
- In the heatproof bowl on an electric mixer set over a pan of simmering water, combine egg whtes and sugar.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until sugar has dissolved and mixture reaches 160.
- Attach bowl to mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat on high speed until mixture holds stiff (but not dry) peaks. Beat until fluffy and cooled, 6 minute.
- Switch to the paddle attachment and on medium-low speed, add butter several Tbs at a time, beating well after each addition. (If frosting appears to separate after all the butter has beed added, beat on medium-high speed until smooth, 3-5 minute more).
- Beat in vanilla. Beat on lowest speed to eliminate any air bubbles, about 2 minute.
- Stir in jam with a rubber spatula until frosting is smooth again, 3-5 min more.