Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my mom's signature salads. She serves this at all her little church lady events (and she has lots of them). Recipe is adapted from Gooseberry Patch Celebrate Spring.
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons raspberry white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- In a large salad serving bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries, and cantaloupe. In a smaller mixing bowl, mix together the jam, vinegar, honey, and oil.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over the top.
Incredible!!! My husband and I loved it. The colors and flavors were perfect. I followed the recipe without changes. I left half a steak on my plate so that I could have another helping. Thank you.
I liked the combination of spinach, melon, strawberries and macadamia nuts. It did look stunning too with all these different colours. The dressing, however, was far too sweet for me. I suggest a dressing with lots of olive oil, some vinegar, some mustard, no honey and just a teaspoon of jam. And lots of freshly ground pepper. Some basil or mint leaves might also be nice. Please note that this is my personal opinion (and it might have something to do with me being Swiss) and I don't want to stop anybody from trying NurseDi's mother signature dish with its signature dressing.