- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups cubed honeydews
- 1 3⁄4 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 32 ounces ginger ale or 32 ounces sparkling white grape juice, to fill glasses
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water and mint; bring to a boil, Boil and stir until a candy thermometer reads 240 degrees (soft- ball stage): remove from heat and allow to cool, discard mint.
- Combine the strawberries and melons.
- Just before serving, fill glasses with fruit and drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup.
- Add ginger ale to each, serve, Enjoy.