Recipe by JanuaryBride
Yet another scrumptious salad from Eating Well Magazine. This composed salad makes a cool kickoff for dinner or a nutrition-packed lunch on its own. Easy too!!! NOTE: I just made this salad using melon, berries and avocado only and topped it with the dressing made with Blueberry Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar and it was awesome!!!
Top Review by noway
This is a delicious summer treat! I found the dressing to be a little too sweet for my taste, otherwise loved it. I also tried this with some Wensleydale cheese with blueberries and it was a good addition. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (may sub red-wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 16 slices (4-5 ounces)
- 16 thin slices cantaloupe, rind removed (about 1/2 small cantaloupe)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hulled strawberries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk honey, vinegar, mint, pepper and salt in a small bowl. (You can make this dressing up 1 day ahead if necessary).
- Divide spinach among 4 salad plates. Arrange alternating slices of avocado and cantaloupe in a fan on top of the spinach. Top each salad with strawberries, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.