Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yet another scrumptious salad from Eating Well Magazine. This composed salad makes a cool kickoff for dinner or a nutrition-packed lunch on its own. Easy too!!! NOTE: I just made this salad using melon, berries and avocado only and topped it with the dressing made with Blueberry Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar and it was awesome!!!
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (may sub red-wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 16 slices (4-5 ounces)
- 16 thin slices cantaloupe, rind removed (about 1/2 small cantaloupe)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hulled strawberries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk honey, vinegar, mint, pepper and salt in a small bowl. (You can make this dressing up 1 day ahead if necessary).
- Divide spinach among 4 salad plates. Arrange alternating slices of avocado and cantaloupe in a fan on top of the spinach. Top each salad with strawberries, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
This is a delicious summer treat! I found the dressing to be a little too sweet for my taste, otherwise loved it. I also tried this with some Wensleydale cheese with blueberries and it was a good addition. Thanks for posting!