Recipe by lawbritt
Delicious layered dessert that tastes light and fluffy, modified from the Williams-Sonoma Christmas cookbook recipe.
- 3 quarts strawberries
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 (12 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 1⁄4 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Hull and slice strawberries into quarter-inch thick slices. Mix with 2 tablespoons of sugar and let stand while you prepare the cream mixture.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add mascarpone cheese, remaining sugar, and vanilla, and mix well to blend ingredients.
- In a clear bowl with steep sides or a trifle dish, place ladyfingers on bottom and brush with rum. Add a layer of sliced strawberries. Follow with a layer of mascarpone/whipped cream mixture. Repeat with ladyfingers, rum, strawberries, and cream mixture until you reach the top of the dish, reserving about 3/4 cup of strawberries for the garnish. The top layer should be the cream mixture, and can be piped on with a pastry bag or spread smooth with a knife or spatula.
- Arrange strawberry slices on top of the cream mixture in concentric circles, from the outside of the dish in, leaving a 2-3 inch border of mascarpone mixture around the edge, to create a flower design. Works best if you use the largest slices on the outer rings and smaller slices as you move towards the center of the dish. Finish by standing 4 small strawberry slices in the center like the center of a rose petal.