1/2 Photos of Strawberry Mascarpone Tart With Port Glaze
2 hrs 30 mins
This time of year, you can't have too many fruit tarts. Here, ripe strawberries drizzled with Port glaze top a luxurious no-bake mascarpone filling. The press-in crust, by the way, is a breeze to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For tart shell
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1Make tart shell:.
- 2Blend together flour, sugar, salt, and butter in a bowl with your fingertips or a pastry blender (or pulse in a food processor) just until mixture resembles coarse meal with some roughly pea-size butter lumps. Beat together yolk, vanilla, lemon juice, and water with a fork, then drizzle over flour mixture and stir with fork (or pulse) until mixture comes together.
- 3Gently knead with floured hands on a lightly floured surface until a dough forms, then gently knead 4 or 5 times. Press into a 5-inch disk. Place in center of tart pan and cover with plastic wrap. Using your fingers and bottom of a flat-bottomed measuring cup, spread and push dough to evenly cover bottom and side of pan. Prick bottom of tart shell all over with a fork and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle.
- 5Line tart shell with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake until side is set and edge is pale golden, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove foil and weights and continue to bake until shell is deep golden all over, about 20 minutes more. Cool in pan, about 45 minutes.
- 6Make filling while tart shell cools: Stir together strawberries and granulated sugar in a bowl and let stand, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Strain in a sieve set over a small saucepan, reserving berries. Add Port to liquid in saucepan and boil until reduced to about 1/4 cup, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl to cool slightly. Meanwhile, whisk together mascarpone, confectioners sugar, lemon juice, zest, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until stiff.
- 7Assemble tart: Spread mascarpone mixture evenly in cooled tart shell, then top with strawberries. Drizzle Port glaze all over tart.
- 8Cooks' note: Tart shell can be baked 1 day ahead and kept at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Mascarpone Tart With Port Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 78.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: