Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Strawberry Mascarpone French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Coat the inside of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, whisk 1 cup sugar, eggs, heavy cream, and cinnamon.
- Add in bread and stir to blend.
- Pour half of the bread mixture into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir the mascarpone, the remaining ¼ cup sugar, and the berries.
- Dot the top of the French toast with the cheese mixture, spreading it to the edges as best you can (dip an offset spatula into warm water to help spread).
- Top with the remaining bread mixture and drizzle with melted butter.
- Preheat oven to 350°; bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown; let rest for 10 minutes, then serve warm.
- OAMC: after step 7, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to1 month.
- Defrost casserole overnight in the refrigerator, if necessary.
- Let casserole come to room temperature for about 30 minutes; preheat oven as above.
- Bake as directed.
Totally heavenly, served @ our church brunch, everyone raved. Thank you for sharing
I substituted fat free half and half for the cream, splenda for the sugar, and diet wheat bread for the bread and it was still good. My husband loved it with and without maple syrup on it.