Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Prep time doesn't include standing time. From Taste of Home.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp milk
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar, basil and lemon juice. Gently fold in strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the batter ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, orange juice, extract and salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Melt 1 tsp butter in an 8 inch nonstick skillet. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, adding remaining butter to skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spoon filling over crepes; roll up. Serve with strawberry topping.