Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Melted marshmallows are combined with whipped cream and marbled into a strawberry and jello dessert with a graham cracker crust. Delicious make ahead and so easy!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 lb mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter and press firmly over bottom of 9" square pan.
- Chill until set.
- Sprinkle 2 T sugar over strawberries and let stand for 1/2 hour.
- Dissolve jello in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Drain berries, reserving liquid.
- Add water to juice to make 1 cup and add to jello.
- Chill until partially set.
- Meanwhile, combine marshmallows and milk and heat and stir until melted.
- Cool completely, then fold in whipped cream.
- Add berries to jello, then swirl in marshmallow mixture to marble.
- Pour into crush and chill until set.
I like the make-ahead part of this recipe, and the fact that it is a very light (tasting) dessert. Kind of like a fluffy jello salad with a crust!