Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe from Joyce Gaddie - she won 1st place in the Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust Pie Baking Competition in Sept. '09 at the Tennessee Valley Fair. She and the recipe were featured on a local noon news program, and the pie looks divine! I'm posting here for safe-keeping, until next strawberry season rolls around. I will update from "package directions" when I make it.
- Place one crust into a pie dish. Take the second pie crust and use a cookie cutter to make cut-outs for the top of the finished pie. (Ms. Gaddie used star shapes.) Sprinkle the cut-outs with sparkling sugar (colored sugar available with cake decorating supplies). Bake the pie crust in the dish and the cut-outs according to package directions.
- Slice the strawberries and fold in a mixing bowl with the strawberry glaze. (It looked like her berries were halved.).
- In another large mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Stir in the marshmallow creme.
- Put 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the baked, cooled pie crust. Reserve 1 cup of the glazed strawberries for topping the pie. Spread the remaining strawberries on top of the cream cheese layer. Follow with the rest of the cream cheese mixture. Put the reserved cup of strawberries in the middle, and place the baked cut-outs around the strawberries on the top of the pie.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Oh my gosh, not only is this beautiful to look at it is simply delicious I made as stated only I used my own recipe for the marshmallow fluff and strawberry glaze (the glaze recipe is posted on my food blog) thank you for sharing this wonderful strawberry dessert recipe Misa!